When taking children out of the setting it is essential that proper planning is done to ensure the safety and welfare of all children involved. Before leaving I will assess the following information:
- Written parental permission for all routine outings before starting the setting
- Written permission for special event outings before the outing
Routine outings include:
- Trips to the local shops including Sainsbury and sou rounding areas in Selly Oak
- Visit to the local park including the play area
- Pick up from any Local schools
Special outings include:
- Shopping in other areas e.g Northfield, city centre ect.
- Trips to Birmingham Wildlife
- Other attractions such as sea life centre, chocolate factory.
I will ensure I have everything needed during outing:
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone (with children’s contact details)
- Healthy snack
- Change of clothes
- Suitable clothing for occasion
- Medication, inhaler
- Recent Photo of children
During an outing children will, be strapped in a pushchair, have a safety harness or hold hands depending on the age and stage of development.
In the event we go on an outing requiring public transport I will plan and risk assess the journey and I will always seek parent permission.
Due to the high number of dogs in the local park children will be encouraged to stand close to me or walk slowly. I will encourage children to say hello providing I know the dog if friendly.