The care of your child is Paramount and I always have plans and risk assessments to ensure they remain safe in my care.
In the event that a child becomes lost in a busy place I will follow this procedure:
- I will immediately raise the alarm to all people around me gain the help of everyone to look for them
- I will provide everyone involved with a description of the child as well as showing a picture of the child that I will carry with me on all outings.
- I will reassure the other children that are with me as they may become distressed.
- I will alert the police and provide a picture and a full description
- I will then contact the parents of the missing child
- An incident form will be completed when appropriate or as we return home. Parents will be informed even if the child is found before notifying police or parents.
- I will contact Ofsted within 14 days
I take strict precautions to avoid situations like this happening by following the Outings Policy and Procedures.