Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
What you can do to help protect our setting.
- If you or anyone in your household have any of the following symptoms, you should self-isolate at home and not attend the setting.
- new continuous coughs
- high temperature
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Drop off and collect your child from the driveway and not enter the building.
- Please try keeping to a time set to avoid families dropping off and collecting at the same time.
- Leave a 2 meter space for other families to leave the premises before attempting to collect your child.
- Please ring the bell and wait for me to collect your child or bring your child out to you
- When collecting and dropping off your child and leave the premises as soon as possible to allow others to drop off and collect safely.
- Encourage your child to leave toys at home and not bring them into the setting, where a child has a comfort item that should be cleaned daily or have one to stay in the settng.
- Collect your child as soon as possible if they become unwell while in the setting. Then keep them home for 7 days. If covid-19 test is back negative children can come back before with written proof from the GP.
- Where someone in the family house becomes ill and tests positive the child must stay home for 14 days.
- If you go on holiday abroad you must inform me of this and self isolate for 14 days upon returning to the uk.
What we will be actively doing in the setting
- Cleaning hands more often than usual, especially when they arrive at the setting.
- Having good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’
- Avoid visiting places such as parks and soft play areas
- Regular cleaning on toys
- Limit the amount of toys out at one time
- Soft toys removed for all day use.
- Hard to clean toys will be put away and only used for for activities not every day play
- Transport travel will not be used
- The doorbell will be cleaned after every use.
- Children will be in the same small group where possible.
- Depending on ages, children will be encouraged not to touch their faces
- Bins that are being used will be emptied throughout the day.
- Rooms will be well ventilated, windows open.
- Outdoor play will be encouraged as much as possible where the weather is safe.
- Children will be separated from others if they become unwell while in the setting. An adult will be with them during this time.
This information is always changing please keep checking back for updated information.