My aim is to work in close partnership with all parents, to meet the needs of all children in my care. This is achieved through detailed discussions before the placement starts and through regular reviews and discussions throughout.
I expect that parents will immediately bring to my attention any aspect of my service they are not happy with so that every effort can be made to resolve the matter. Parents can make a complaint to me verbally, or in writing.
I will investigate all written complaints and depending on the nature of the complaint it will be passed onto Ofsted. I will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.
I will keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least three years. Confidentiality will be maintained confidential unless an Ofsted inspector asks to see it. I will record the following:-
- Name of person making the complaint.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage requirement(s) or Childcare Register requirements to which the complaint relates.
- Nature of the complaint.
- Date and time of the complaint.
- Action taken in response to the complaint.
- The outcome of the complaint investigation (for example, ways the service has improved).
- Details of the information and findings that were given to the person making the complaint, including any action taken.
If the complaint cannot be resolved or if the complaint is of a serious nature and you feel you cannot discuss it with me please contact Ofsted by:
Phone – 0300 1 23 4666 or
Email – email@example.com
Ofsted produces guidance on concerns and complaints about childminders and childcare providers. This is available on the Ofsted website and provides guidance on the complainant’s right to contact Ofsted. This can be found at https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-school/childminders